Sunday, October 31, 2010

Baracak Flocka Flame, Hip-Hop Beef, Limewire Shutdown (Ep.5)

This week: Baracka Flocka Flame video, Social Networking impacts on Hip-Hop, Digital Beef, and the shutdown of Limewire. Listen in, and let us know what YOU think at (774) 452-9547!

CEO Radio Hip-Hop Podcast:

Comments are ALWAYS APPRECIATED, leave one below!

4 comments:

  1. Always bringing the funny, I love it. Big ups to yall, making sure I get my weekly dose of hip hop news.

    First, on this Baracka Flocka Flame video, I'm glad yall talked about it, but I'm not happy it happened. In their defense, America has been making fun of its Presidents forever. SNL saturated viewers with parodies during election time and Will Farrell has almost 9 MILLION views of a G. Bush parody on youtube.com. It's not a new thing, but it has the potential to get a lot of people interested. Now, those same videos were for comedy, so I understand why some may say black people shouldn't get too sensitive about the Baracka Flocka Flame video. Nevertheless, I felt that the video was not only ignorant for obvious reasons, but it was also very disrespectful and made black people seem almost hypocritical. Let me explain: for decades, blacks have been fighting tooth-and-nail to get a black person further than the primaries in a presidential election. Then, when Barack gets elected, folks were crying from joy. We were looking forward to change, and having that change implemented by someone we could identify with. Then we turn that identification into racist comedy by having this man (and his wife) impersonated into an arrogant, foul mouthed idiot for the sake of a few laughs. It's not right, and it shouldn't be how the black community "supports" someone we have been fighting to see for so long.

    *deep breath* Moving on...

    Thank you for referencing how social media outlets influence hip hop currently. I particularly wanted to speak on the diss topic, because I just watched the MC Hammer "diss" of Jay-Z. Besides the fact that the song and the video are HORRIBLE, what are your thoughts on how often irrelevant artists (like Hammer, or Ice T) use social media to spark beef with more relevant artists? Does it even make an impact? Or is it a waste of time? Because, personally, I don't see the Jay-Z v. Hammer thing going very far. It's pointless. And, speaking of disses, did you hear Nikki and Eminem's "Roman's Revenge" where they go in on Lil Kim? Goes hard.

    Finally, I know yall are a hip-hop podcast, but what about the state of black players in basketball? I feel the Lebron situation has been reignited with the beginning of preseason. What's your take on it? And what about Iverson going to Turkey?... lol...

    *Lil Wayne's ex to release a tell-all book? Tell-all books in general??

    HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Jones I like all of the topics that you mentioned and couldnt agree more with you with everything you just said. I'm personally interested in doing the podcast on all of the topics you just mentioned. Oh yeah, sports will be talked about more in the podcast because the nbs and nfl do affect the urban communities. And last but not least, good job fellas on the podcast lets keep the numbers rising! CEOMUZIK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ceno aka CenoThaVillianNovember 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM

    where all the comments at, lol? i kno it was a dull ass week but damn. shout out to miss jones 4 tha luv, keep on supportin, listenin and leavin comments. hopefully tha comments and topics keep comin in and we'll try to get around to them all. Shout out to tha whole CEO fam, we makin alot of progress and thats wats up.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ceno aka CenoThaVillainNovember 2, 2010 at 3:28 PM

    Misprint, i meant CenoThaVillain lmao.....

    ReplyDelete