Monday, November 22, 2010

Tyler Perry and Nicki Minaj (Ep.6)

This week's topics: Tyler Perry's "For Colored Girls" and the state of Female Hip-Hop artists old and new, Nicki Minaj! SPECIAL GUEST HOST ASHLEY EMERSON from AshEmPR!!! Listen in, and let us know what YOU think at (774) 452-9547!

CEO Radio Hip-Hop Podcast:

Comments are ALWAYS APPRECIATED, leave one below!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad ya'll said "SPOILER alert!" I had to have the podcast muted for like 15 minutes. lol. Guess I'll come back AFTER I see the movie! lol. Love what you guys are doing tho...and keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a lot of fun with this one, great job guys thanks Ashley for coming thru. If you would like to be considered to be a guest send inquiries to ceomuzikstaff@gmail.com or call 774-452-9547

    ReplyDelete
  3. Head's up my comment is long!! lol this is Lilian Tripp making the comment (didn't know how else to post it)
    1. For Colored girls: Yeah Whoopi's character was EXTREME but most of these stories I know someone I could pin point & be like: "That her"
    - I had a lady speak to me & a group i was in for this program & tell me how she contracted AIDS from her "common law husband" b/cf he was on the down-low w/ another dude
    - I know a girl who played the same role of Hill harper's wife
    - I know a girl who was beat by her first love (now she didn't have any kids & i didn't think Michel Ealy was going to drop the kids out the window either so that was a lot for me to take in but at the same time u hear on the news: "man killed his girl's kids" etc. b/c u don't get that person out of your life soon enough & they end up hurting your family)
    - I know girls who sleeps around b/c an immediate family member raped/molested them
    - I don't know ppl who've gotten illegal abortions but definitely heard about it (definitely know ppl who've gotten legal ones though)
    - I know of someone who slept w/ a dude knowing good and well she was creeping & cries every time he left until she got fed up.

    At the end of the movie it said a quote like "this is for colored girls who wanted to commit suicide etc.." I think the ending was a sign of hope (just my perspective) although it was unknown how these females end up, if it were to get any worse he would've put it in the script. It was just EXTREMELY deep with all tragic events going on to the same group of females at once... Can this all happen in this scenario at the same time : DOUBT IT but never the less it does happen &i the ppl above are living testimonies of it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much love Lilian. Be sure to click the links above and check out our videos at CEO MUZIK

    ReplyDelete